2013年8月15日星期四

Vancouver jewelry designer Peg Steley talks Big Bling

It's something I have done for as long as I can remember. My mother was an interior designer and artist and I was greatly influenced by her. We travelled a lot together as a family and she had a keen eye for unusual things. We always returned with what we thought of as "treasures" and I worked these treasures into various forms of adornment. The problem was I only made for myself and my friends so gradually the pile of "treasures" grew and grew until finally something had to be done.I think it is glamorous but with a twist so that it is also a little bit edgy. My work is very driven by the materials I find.Mark where the head part is as well as the two mini bikini. Then cut two holes at the head part aligned where the eyes are located, after which, cut arm-hole in both sides aligned to the arm folds. My mother's "eye" taught me to see beauty in unusual places and I have always been drawn to the humble as well as the grand. I love to mix semi-precious stones, often in a rough state, with flotsam and jetsam — shells,If you have trouble deciding on what to wear sexy school girl is always better to be overdressed than underdressed. mother of pearl, wood, tassels etc. 

It is the'bination and the design that makes them special.Much like with black dress shoes you're going to want to wear appropriately formal brown dress shoesbikinithongon your wardrobe choices and the occasion.Most of the British populations are pear shaped sexy sports girl who carry weight around their hip thigh and bottom area. My pieces usually make a pretty glamorous statement but I make them to work with a T-shirt and jeans as well.I am much more interested in style than fashion. I think of style as timeless but it also requires women to take a risk as style is an expression of themselves. My work is also very feminine I think, so it appeals to women of all ages. I have a 24-year-old daughter and she wears many of my pieces.The joy for me is in the making, so I never want to give that up'pletely. Also,Maintain some parts inside your bag in case you are hurrying about inacostumeonline and want to change from day time to night clothes without coming back home. I design the pieces as I go, so it would be impossible for me to hand over this part of the process'pletely. 

I do however have'ponents of some pieces made in Mexico and India.I work very quickly and very intuitively. I often wonder myself where the ideas'e from, but I think that is the nature of true, original creativity.I have a very spacious studio in my home in the West End. It is full of wonderful natural light but my family laugh at me because I creep out into every corner of our home. There are times when every surface is covered with bling.I make a conscious effort to have a number of pieces available for under $200. My prices range from about $200 up to $600 but there are many fabulous pieces in the $300 range.

没有评论:

发表评论